Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Assistive Technology - Class number one

Today we talked about what assistive technology is. I have to admit, before taking this class I was unsure of how different types of technology actually helped students with learning disabilities. I was only familiar with individual laptop use at my school. After today’s class I am starting to re-think the functionality of laptops. In just one class I feel like my eyes have been opened.  
 
The purpose of Assistive Technology is to provide access to a task and improve performance of an individual with a disability. While some students benefit from the standard laptop technology, I now know there is so much more out there! 

This blog is a reflection of my time in class (EDUC 5173) and my research on new and exciting forms of assistive technology. My goal is to reflect on the technology I learn about in class and how children can benefit, as well as highlight any new technology, Apps, and ideas I stumble across on my journey.




No comments:

Post a Comment