Thursday, June 14, 2012

Social Stories

On day three, we had the opportunity to make our own social stories. We chose to write our on "Waiting my turn at the water fountain." I had never made a social story of my own before. Our group had a lot of fun using the applications to make the book, taking pictures and recording my voice to read the story.

The app we used is called Book Creator and it couldn't be easier to use. We typed our story, took pictures using the iPad camera and also downloaded pictures from the Internet to use as our pictures. We them recorded the text simply by hitting a record button, talking and moving the sound button to a convenient location on the page.After our story was complete, we exported it to iBooks where it was displayed on the iBooks shelf. It was a very satisfying experience to be able to create a cute book, simply and quickly. I think even students could use this app to create their own books.

In class four we shared our stories. I thought they were all cute and was able to see how these stories could be very useful to certain students. I could straightaway think of situations and students that would benefit from a social story. This is an app I plan to use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment